This late morning, my mother-in-law last minute informed me they will be coming over our place, and asked me if i did prepare lunch >o<. Luckily my chicken roll was baking in the oven so I just need to prepare another dish, though I only intend to cook this vegetable stew tomorrow! Sometimes really can rush out things, in the process of cooking this dish, I forgotten about adding the dried mandarin peel!! Though my father-in-law commented this dish taste good, but I find something lacking....hahaha so is the mandarin peel!...will try out cooking this dish again :D
- 2 tbsp oil
- 12 pcs small dried beancurd
- 3 cubes fermented soya bean curd, mashed
- 10 slices ginger
- 500gm radish, peeled & cut into chunks
- 200gm carrots, peeled & cut into chunks
- 12 fresh shitake mushrooms
- 5gm dried mandarin peel, sliced
- 1 tbsp light soya sauce
- 600ml water
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp sesame
- 2 stalk spring onion
- coriander leaves for garnishing
- cornstarch water
- Heat oil in wok, stir-fry fermented soya bean curd till fragrant. Add ginger and fry for a min.
- Add radish, carrots, mushroom, dried beancurd, spring onion and mandarin peel. Mix well.
- Add in hot water and seasoning. Bring to boil. Cover and simmer for 25mins till carrots are soft & gravy has reduced. Stir in cornstarch water to thicken the gravy. Stir in sesame oil. Remove from fire and serve.