Soft & fluffy old-fashioned 鸡蛋糕 in a cup!! Actually the recipe is baked in a normal cupcases, I improvised it by baking in a tall drinking paper cup (unwaxed) instead! :D The cake looks very yellow right? added yellow colouring? No!! is actually the amount of egg yolks used in the recipe...total 4 yolks + 2 whites.
Recipe adapted from "Baking Code" by Alex Goh
Ingredient (makes 4 paper cups sponge)
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolk
- 100gm sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla paste
- 110gm plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 20gm soy milk
- 20gm corn oil
- Line 4 paper cups with greaseproof paper.
- Sieve plain flour & baking powder.
- Whisk eggs, salt & sugar on high speed until light & fluffy (ribbon-stage). Beat in vanilla paste.
- Add in plain flour in 3 batches and fold till combine.
- Stir in soy milk and corn oil and mix well.
- Fill in batter into paper cups evenly. Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 20min until golden brown.