This chiffon roll likes perfect?? neh...is NOT! I've actually break the roll at the initial rolling! Think I've leave the cake in room temperature for too long and I hesitate too much at the rolling phase >o< You can see at the last 2 pics of the 'broken' swiss roll...But taste wise is did not fail me! I loves the soft texture and the sweetness is just right for me after adjusting the sugar amount used :D :D....for now no more swiss roll making for me as it always gives me a love & hate feeling hahahaha....
Recipe Source : Fruity Cakes by Alex Goh
Ingredient (fits 9" x 9" pan)
- 3 egg yolks
- 1gm salt
- 50gm corn oil
- 20gm lemon juice
- 20gm water
- 30gm sugar
- 60gm cake flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 egg whites
- 40gm sugar
- 1/3 tsp cream of tartar
- Combine ingredient A until smooth batter formed.
- In a clean bowl, whisk egg whites & cream of tartar till foamy. Add sugar gradually and beat till soft peak form.
- Take 1/3 of the meringue and mix in egg yolk batter till combined.
- Fold in the batter into the remaining meringue.
- Pour batter into a lined cake pan and spread evenly.
- Baked in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 15-20mins.
- Remove cake from pan immediately and cool on rack before spreading with buttercream.
- 100gm unsalted butter
- 40gm sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tbsp hot water
- 2 tbsp honey pomelo tea jam
- Beat butter and sugar till light & fluffy, mix in vanilla essence.
- Add in hot water, 1 tbsp at a time and beat well after each addition.
- Beat until smooth & creamy.
- Beat in jam till combine. Ready to spread on cake.