What to do with the balance cheddar cheese after making the quiches? Browse online and found this recipe and decided to give this a try. I'm glad that at the last minute I've sprinkle some rolled oats over the surface, it really helps to beautify up the cake as it manage to conceal the unsightly cracks! :) The rolled oats also gives extra flavour and texture to this cheesy cake...
- 250gm unsalted butter
- 180gm sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 250gm cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- Sift plain flour & baking powder.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addtion before adding the next one. Fold in the Cheddar cheese.
- Fold in flour into the creamed mixture alternating with the milk until smooth.
- Pour batter into a lined 8" cake pan and sprinkle rolled oats to cover the surface. Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 50-55mins, or until a skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.(cover the surface with a foil at the last 10mins if the cake starts to brown too fast)