A recipe from my favourite magazine Food & Travel Magazine Mar 2010 issue. Moist & light texture. I omitted out the sugar as I think the lychee syrup is sweet enough.
- 250gm self-raising flour
- 1/4cup sugar (I omit this)
- 1 cup natural yoghurt
- 1 cup canned lychee syrup
- 1 cup lychee, drained & diced
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 100gm butter, melted
- Combine yoghurt, lychee syrup and egg. Mix well. Stir in melted butter.
- Sift flour over the butter mixture. Fold till just combined. Do not overmixed.
- Fold in chopped lychees.
- Spoon batter into muffin case. Bake in preheated oven at 180deg cel for 25mins.