hmmm...not sure why the cupcakes did not raise properly. But the brown cases one did have a nice dome. The cake texture is slightly dense but is still soft to taste. I follow the instructions carefully and did not over beat the mixture, is it because I half the recipe that affect all these hiccups? clueless.....
- 110gm cake flour
- 80gm plain flour
- 100gm castor sugar
- 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 125gm unsalted butter, cubed
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Sift flour & baking powder into a large mixing bowl. Mix in sugar & salt evenly.
- Beat in butter on medium speed till just evenly coated with flour.
- Mix eggs, milk & vanilla essence in a bowl. Beat in gradually into flour mixture till just combined. Do not overbeat.
- Scoop into baking cups 2/3 full and bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 20-25mins till golden brown.