This is one of the tastiest brownies I've ever made. Fudgy chocolate brownie base top with smooth creamy matcha cheesecake! This combination is really da-bomb! Plus the lovely chocolate swirl over the matcha cheesecake layer makes it a visually tasty dessert too. It can be served warm but I like it chilled. This 8" square matcha cheesecake brownies is polished up by us within 3 days and they are asking for more...hahaha but not any sooner as me wanna try out other baking recipes which I've been pending for very long! ^0^
- 85gm unsalted butter
- 160gm dark chocolate buttons
- 100gm fine sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 70gm plain flour
- 5gm tapioca flour
- 5gm cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 225gm cream cheese, room temperature
- 60gm fine sugar
- 2 tsp matcha powder
- 115gm white chocolate, melted
- 1 egg
- Grease an 8"x8" pan and lined with baking paper.
- Brownie batter : Combine butter and dark chocolate in a bowl and place over a pot of simmering water. Stir well to combine the melted chocolate and butter. Remove from heat. Whisk in sugar, eggs, vanilla, flour, cocoa powder and salt. Mix well till well combined.
- Spread 3/4 of the brownie batter into the prepared pan.
- Matcha cheesecake batter : With a electric whisk, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Sift in matcha powder and beat till well combined.
- Add in melted white chocolate and egg, beat till mixture is well combined.
- Spread the matcha cheesecake batter over brownie batter. Dollop the remaining 1/4 brownie batter over. Swirl lightly to create marble pattern.
- Bake the brownie in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 30-35 mins. Cool completely in pan before unmoulding. Slice into 16 squares. Serve immediately or serve it chilled.