Ingredients (8 scones)
- 315gm plain flour
- 1 tsp Knorrs all in one seasoning
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 80gm brown sugar
- 120gm unsalted butter, cubed and chilled
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 120gm plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp milk
- 120gm shredded cheddar cheese
- 120gm honey baked ham, diced
- 50gm spring onion, finely chopped
- Combine flour, seasoning, baking powder, baking soda and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Whisk well. Add in cubed cold butter and quickly work it into the flour mixture (using finger tips) until it resembles bread crumbs. See pic. below.
2. Add in cheese, ham and spring onion and mix well.
3. Whisk yogurt, milk and egg together. Add the egg mixture into butter mixture. Gently fold into dough with a spatula.
4. Transfer the dough onto a lightly floured work surface. Shape the dough into an 8" circle. Cut the dough into 8 wedges. Gently transfer the wedges onto a lined baking sheet. Add a little more ham, cheese and spring onion on top of each scone if desired.
5. Bake in preheated oven at 200 deg cel for 20-25 mins until golden brown. Cool down slightly and serve warm.