Super addictive and cute looking homemade baked cheddar crackers. My kids could not wait to lay their hands on them while these cheese crackers are cooling on the rack! This is also really simple to churn out....no need mixer, just require a manual hand whisk and your bare hands. ^0^ But one thing to note is that while rolling out the dough, try to roll out thin if not you won't be able to achieve a crisp cracker. The texture remains crispy and flaky the next day if you get it right.
- 165gm plain flour
- 1 tsp Knorrs 'Hao Chi' seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 90gm unsalted butter, diced & chilled
- 200gm shredded cheddar (finely chop if using pre grated cheese)
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tbsp water
- Combine flour, Knorrs seasoning and garlic powder into a mixing. Whisk well to combine.
- Add in cold butter and rub into the flour mixture until resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add in cheddar and knead into the flour butter mixture.
- Add in yolks and water. Gently knead together to form a dough. Do not over handle the dough.
- Divide the dough into 2 portions and wrap between 2 plastic wrap. Roll out into a flat disc. Chill the 2 disc for 30 mins.
- Remove one portion of the dough from the fridge while preheating the oven. Roll out the disc to about 0.5mm thickness. Stamp dough with cookie cutter and place onto a lined baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 20-25 mins until golden brown. Cool on wire rack completely before storing in air-tight container.