After sending off the kids to school, is time to relax and enjoy my breakfast in peace! ^-^ So love this Oreo marble butter cake as the crumbs is so fine and tender! Though the Oreo flavour not as distinctive as commented by my kids, they still love this buttery 'chocolate' cake.
Recipe ref : honeybeesweets
- 4 large egg yolks
- 80gm fine sugar
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 200gm unsalted butter, softened
- 160gm cake flour
- 100ml milk
- 1 pack Oreo cookies, 137gm
Egg white batter :
- 4 large egg whites
- 100gm fine sugar
- Place oreo cookies in a food processor and blend till fine. Set aside for use later.
- Using a electric whisk, beat egg yolk, salt and sugar until thick and creamy for about 2 mins.
- Beat in butter and vanilla until well combined.
- Sift in cake flour and beat in till well incorporated.
- Drizzle in milk slowly and beat at the same time until combined.
- In another clean mixing bowl, beat egg whites until foamy. Gradually add in sugar and beat on high speed till stiff peak formed.
- Fold in the whites into the yolk batter in 3 batches. Do not overmix.
- Weigh about 250gm of the batter and mix in oreo crumbs.
- Scoop the cake batters, alternate with plain & oreo batter into a lined cake pan. Use a skewer and lightly swirl the batter around to create the marble effect.
- Bake in preheated oven at 160 deg cel for 60 mins until golden brown or a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 mins before unmoulding. Place on rack to cool completely before slicing.