A simple plain looking chiffon cake but do not deceive by its look :D The sweet fruity tea flavour lingers the whole kitchen while is baking!
Tall looking chiffon and the texture is light and airy as it should be for a chiffon :D
There are various kind of fruity tea bags in the market, choose one which is your favourite and incorporate into this chiffon, you should like its lovely sweet fruity scent too!
Recipe ref : thedomesticgoddesswannebe.com
- 6 large egg yolks
- 30gm fine sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 80gm vegetable oil
- 120ml hot water
- 6 bags Lipton Forest Fruit Tea
- 150gm cake flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 6 egg whites
- 120gm fine sugar
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- Add the contents of 6 packets of mixed fruit tea into hot water. Stir to mix well and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk yolks and sugar until light and creamy. Add in oil and salt, mix well.
- Add in all the tea leaves mixture and water and whisk to combine.
- Sift in the flour and baking powder and mix until a smooth batter is formed. Set aside.
- In another clean dry mixing bowl, whisk the egg whites until foamy. Add cream of tartar and continue whisking.
- Gradually add in sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Add 1/3 of the meringue into the egg yolk batter and fold till well incorporate.
- Pour the mixture into the balanced meringue and fold in gently.
- Pour the batter into a ungreased tube pan. Drop the pan on a table top to remove air bubbles.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 40-45mins until golden brown.
- Invert pan on a wire rack to cool completely before unmoulding.
This post is linked to Best Recipes for Everyone June 2015 Event Theme: Secret of Chiffon & Roll Cakes organized and hosted by Fion of XuanHom's Mom Kitchen Diary