It is actually very easy to homemake basic white creamy pasta sauce at home! Have you try it before? The taste is definitely way better than those off-shelves one. I am always happy to make this kind of creamy pasta for my family as they will polish up their plates within minutes and always ask for a second helping :D
Browning the bacon and mushroom, removed from pan followed by making the base of the roux
Stirring in the cream, cheese and crisp bacon & mushroom, the rich and creamy white sauce is ready to toss into cooked pasta!
Recipe modified from : tasteandtellblog.com
- 1/4 cup chopped bacon
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mushroom
- 50gm unsalted butter
- 60gm plain flour
- 375ml chicken stock (dissolve 1/2 chicken stock cube with water)
- 200ml whipping cream
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 500gm lingunie or your choice of pasta
- chopped parsley, for garnishing
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente. Reserve a cup of pasta water then drain the pasta. Keep warm in the pot.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a pan over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon and add in chopped mushroom. Pan fry till mushroom is softened and brown. Remove mushroom from pan.
- Add the butter into the pan and cook it till melted. Whisk in flour gradually, stirring constantly and cook for about 2 min till lightly brown.
- Slowly whisk in chicken stock and cream. Stirring constantly and cook till sauce is thickened.
- Add in Parmesan and stir until well melted. Stir in bacon and mushroom. Add in salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the cheese mixture into the pot of pasta. Mix evenly. Add in pasta water as needed to thin out the sauce if desired.
- Serve immediately with chopped parsley.
This post is linked to the event, Little Thumbs Up organised by Bake for Happy Kids and My Little Favourite DIY, and hosted by Diana from the Domestic Goddess Wannabe
This looks so delicious! Thank you so much for sharing. :)
I love to cook this type of simple and delicious white sauce to pair with pasta too.
Yours look so YUM!! Can tell why your kids love it so much.
Thanks so much for sharing this to LTU!
You are right - kids love creamy pasta (and so do many adults)!
Post a Comment