It's been a very long time I've baked a marbled chiffon! A 'berry' pretty berry marble chiffon cake ^0^
Look so puffy! Overshot the height of the stand that I could not overturn it to cool down >.<
So I had to rest the pan side way instead and it slowly shrink down while cooling. I actually like the cracks which revealed the purple tone :D
- Beat yolks and sugar until pale and fluffy. Add in oil and yogurt, stir well to combine.
- Sift in flour and salt and fold till smooth batter formed.
- In a clean, dry bowl, beat cold egg whites on high speed till bubbly. Beat in sugar gradually until stiffed peak formed.
- Scoop 1/3 of the beaten whites into the yolk batter. Mix well.
- Pour the batter into the balanced whites and gently fold till well combine.
- Remove 1/2 of the batter and fold in berry jam evenly. (I've added a drop of purple colour paste into the batter)
- Pour the mixture alternately into an ungreased tube pan and bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 45 mins.
- Remove pan from oven and invert onto wire rack to cool completely before unmoulding.
This post is linked to Best Recipes for Everyone June 2015 Event Theme: Secret of Chiffon & Roll Cakes organized and hosted by Fion of XuanHom's Mom Kitchen Diary