This bread is so famous I think no need for me to introduce it hahaha....How can I not try it out since so many bakers giving so much credits to this lovely looking loaf bread? Yes is a nice tasty sweet milky bread but......I still prefer Hokkaido Milk Loaf ! ^.*
I've adjusted the recipe to fit my 9" tube pan
Sprinkle over some almond flakes before baking
Lovely golden brown milk bread
Dust over some icing sugar and serve!
Recipe ref : Winnie's Kitchen Works
Ingredient (9" tube pan)
- 300gm bread flour
- 30gm sugar
- 4gm salt
- 5gm instant yeast
- 30gm condensed milk
- 180gm milk (extra milk for glazing)
- 30gm unsalted butter
Glaze (mix well) : 20gm condensed milk, 20gm softened butter
Garnishing : almond flakes, icing sugar
Method (hand knead)
- Mix all ingredient for bread except butter in a mixing bowl, knead into a dough formed. Add in butter and knead until smooth and elastic for about 10 mins.
- Cover the bowl and proof in a warm area until double in bulk.
- Punch down the dough to release the air and knead lightly. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough into a large rectangle size. Cut into four strips.
- Apply a layer of condensed milk glaze on the strips. Stack up the dough and cut into 12 portions. Place the portions, straight side up in a lightly grease chiffon pan. Cover and proof in warm area for about 50mins.
- Brush the top of the dough with extra milk and sprinkle almond flakes over.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 35 mins until golden brown.
- Cool in pan for 10 mins before unmoulding. Cool completely on wire rack before serving.
This post is linked to the event, Little Thumbs Up organised by Bake for Happy Kids and My Little Favourite DIY, and hosted by Diana from the Domestic Goddess Wannabe