Chinese Lunar New Year (CNY) is coming to the end, I bet you must have a great time feasting everyday! It is time to shed some of the kilos accumulated during this festive season :D Before starting of CNY I've actually managed to shed away 500g after consuming a bottle of this homemade lemon vinegar! Well but sad to say all pounds is returned after eating so much CNY goodies hahaha…..
This daily detox may or may not work (losing weight) on you, but it is no harm consuming (as long you have no gastric problem). I did not experience any side effects after finishing 2 bottles, and is always a good habit to consume enough liquid daily….at least 2 litres per day!
Ingredient (a approx 900ml vol. bottle)
- 3 lemons, washed and air dry
- 400ml distilled white vinegar
- 350gm brown rock sugar
- Slice lemon thinly. Break brown rock sugar into halves.
- Place the lemon and sugar alternately into a dry and sterilized glass bottle, ending the last layer with sugar.
- Pour in white vinegar to submerge everything. Seal tightly.
- Place the container in a cool dark area for at least 1 month before consuming.
- With a clean dry spoon, scoop 1 tbsp lemon vinegar and add into a glass of 300ml Warm Water. First serving in the morning before breakfast and second serving after dinner.
I'm sharing this post with Little Thumbs Up February 2014 Event - Lemon hosted by Grace Phua of Life Can Be Simple