Oh aren't' they adorable!! They are irresistible cute and taste good, crunchy crust and mallowy in the middle ^o^ kids will adore this cute little sweet meringue!
Freshly baked meringue before assembly....
Meringue Mushroom...dun they look like the real button mushroom?
Meringue Christmas Tree
Recipe source : Joy of Baking
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 100gm fine sugar
- some pandan paste (for xmas tree)
- some melted dark chocolates
- some cocoa powder
- some star candies
- With a electric whisk, beat egg whites & cream of tartar until foamy.
- Add sugar gradually and beat till stiff peak formed.
- Divide mixture into half. Beat panda paste into 1 portion.
- Place mixture into 2 piping bags fitted with a small round tip and a star tip.
- Pipe caps and stems of mushroom onto lined baking sheet by holding the piping bag upright. Smoothen the caps of the mushrooms with damp fingers.
- Repeat the process for xmas tree.
- Bake in preheated oven at 100 deg cel for 1.5 hours until the meringue is firm and dry to touch. Cool in oven.
- To assemble : Brush some melted chocolate over the base of the cap of the meringue mushroom. Stick a stem over and rest the mushroom upside down till the chocolate harden. Dust some cocoa powder over the surface for final finishing.
- For xmas tree : gently place a star candy over the tip of the tree.
What tip did you used for the Christmas tree? Instructions pls. Thank you, Quyen
Quyen...I used wilton #2D, but u can just use any wide star tip
Oh that Christmas tree is very creative. That mushroom meringue i saw from Anna Olason episodes...really want to try baking it.
Peng, the mushrooms look very real. And I like the Christmas trees too :)
Oooh yes! These are adorable! Not only kids, adults would smile with delight too! I know, I would!
Post a Comment