Can't get any luckier anymore?? 2nd batch also turns out very well without any mishap! :D Always loves the thrill of seeing the lil feets rising in the oven ^0^
Which one is more appealing to u?? Personally I like the osmanthus macarons more than the strawberry one :D
Recipe adapted from Tartelette...
Ingredient (makes approx 24 individual shells)
- 50gm egg whites (aged for 1-2 days)
- 25gm granulated sugar
- 100gm icing sugar
- 50gm ground almonds
- 5gm dried osmanthus
- some yellow food colouring
- Grind almonds, dried osmanthus and icing sugar till fine. Sift and set aside.
- Beat egg whites on high speed till foamy. Add sugar gradually and beat till glossy and stiff peak form. Beat in food coluring till well blended.
- Fold in almond mixture in batches until well blended.
- Transfer batter into piping bag and pipe on baking sheet lined with parchment paper and rest for 30mins until dry.
- Baked at preheated oven at 160 deg cel for 12-15mins.
- Remove from oven, cool down for 5mins and peel the cookies from parchment paper. Cool completely on wire rack.
- Spread some white chocolate ganache on one side of the macaron, top with another shell, press down slightly. Chill well before serving.
White Chocolate Ganache Ingredient
- 200ml whipping cream
- 200gm white chocolate, chopped
Method : Bring whipping cream to a rolling boil. Pour into white chocolate and stir till chocolate is well dissolved. Cool down and chill for 30mins. Using a electric beater, whisk ganache till firm. Ready to be used.
I'm submitting this recipe to Aspiring Bakers #17 – March Macaron Madness! (Mar 2012) hosted by Alan of Travellingfoodies