I got this recipe from my mother-in-law :D I called it XO Mushroom as they are steamed with essence of reserved liquid from the mushroom & scallop and Brandy! These special flavourful mushroom can then be cooked with other dishes or just consume on its own!!Ingredient
- 200gm dried shitake mushroom
- 20gm dried scallops
- 250ml brandy
- Rinse dried mushroom and soak with water (enough to submerge the mushroom) till soften. Trim away stem and retain liquid.
- Soak dried scallops till soften. Retain liquid.
- Place all ingredients in a deep casserole including reserved liquid and steam over preheated steamer for 3 hours until soften.
- Cool completely before storing.