Not a perfect looking cake but definitely made with lots of LOVE! ^-^ Though I've whipped the cream till quite firm, but could not achieve a defined looking piping star @-@ At least I'm satisfied with the mousse, smooth looking edge after unmoulding from the pan :D
Bubbly Birthday Girl!
Happily savouring the cake ^-^
Recipe adapted from Alex Goh 'Magic Steamed Cake'
Vanilla Sponge Cake
- 3 eggs
- 100gm sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 30gm melted butter
- 120gm cake flour
- 1 tsp double action baking powder
- Place eggs & sugar in a mixing bowl. Beat on high speed till ribbon stage formed.
- Beat in vanilla paste & melted butter till combined.
- Sift in flour & baking powder and fold lightly.
- Pour batter into a lined 7" cake pan and steam in preheated steamer for 30mins.
Strawberry Yoghurt Cake
- 2 slices 7" vanilla sponge
- 1 egg yolk
- 30gm sugar
- 80gm strawberry puree
- few drops red food coloring
- 1.5 tbsp gelatine (dissolves in 50gm warm water)
- 100gm plain yoghurt
- 180gm non-dairy cream
- 100gm sliced strawberry
- Whip egg yolk, sugar, strawberry puree and food coloring over a double-boiler until thick.
- Remove from heat and fold in gelatine mixture.
- Fold in yoghurt.
- Whip non-dairy cream till soft peak formed. Fold strawberry mixture into whipped cream until well combined.
- Place 1 layer of sponge cake in a 8" loosebased pan. Pour 2 cups over strawberry mousse over the cake and spread evenly. Arrange sliced strawberries over.
- Spread another cup of mousse over and top with second layer of cake. Press down slighlty. Cover the cake with balance mousse and spread evenly. Chilled till firm before unmoulding. Decorate as desired.
A very happy and blessed birthday to your little princess!
Your princess is a sweetie pie! Happy Birthday to her. I would love to give her a hug.
Happy Belated Birthday to your little princess, Wishing You & Family A Very Happy Chinese New Year 2012, Gong Xi Fa Cai.
happy birthday little princess..
Post a Comment