Recipe modified from Kevin Chai
Ingredient (makes 3 mini chiffon)
- 2 egg yolks
- 30ml olive oil
- 70gm tofu, mashed
- 20gm caster sugar
- 40gm pistachio, toasted & grounded
- 50gm cake flour
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 30gm sugar
- Combine egg yolks, oil, tofu and 20gm sugar in a mixing bowl. Sift flour over and mix until forms batter.
- Beat egg whites and cream of tartar until mixture forms soft peaks. Gradually add in sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold beaten egg white form into the egg yolk batter until blended.
- Pour batter into ungreased tube pan. Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 30mins or until cooked.
- Remove from oven and invert the cake onto table until completely cool before unmoulding.
Submitting this recipe to Aspiring Bakers 2010
OMG! So cute! Now you've tempted me to get mini chiffon pans. LOL!
1 cake per person? No need to fight le... hehe...
Thanks for joining again! I also got mini chiffon pans from daiso, but never use it, cos I'm too lazy to wash 3 instead of just 1. Haha!
another round up of chiffon cake. .This one, it looks good. Soft and fluffylicious:)
Your Chiffons looks so fluffy!
tofu in a chiffon cake. hmm. i wonder what it does to the texture? i must give this a try!~
crustabakes...actually it gives flavours to the chiffon :) can taste the tofu flavor
What type of tofu u r using in this recipe? I tried the baked tofu 'cheesecake' - very nice.
delia....i use normal soft tofu :D Glad u like the baked tofu cheesecake
Post a Comment