This is a common dish which my mother often served at the dining table! Think is a typical Teochew style cooking. Never learn this dish from my mother, just base on my memory of the taste and come out with this dish :) This soup based dish is best to cook with some coriander but my hubby hate them so I omitted and replace with spring onion.
- 230gm minced pork
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 110gm vermicelli (冬粉)
- 2 tsp light soya sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1500ml stock
- 40gm preserved vegetables (冬菜)
- coriander or spring onion
- Soak vermicelli till softened. Roughly cut.
- Marinate minced pork with soya sauce, salt, pepper & sesame oil for 10mins.
- Rinse preserve vegetables thoroughly.
- Combine beaten eggs and minced pork and mix evenly. Stir in vermicelli.
- Heat up 2 tbsp oil in pan. Pour in egg mixture and pan fried till golden brown on both sides. Cut the omelette into 8-10 pcs.
- Bring stock to boil. Add preserved vegetable and boil for a min. Add the fried omelette and simmer for 2 mins. Adjust taste and stir in coriander before turning off heat.