Saturday, November 20, 2010

Minced Pork with Vermicelli Omelette Soup

This is a common dish which my mother often served at the dining table! Think is a typical Teochew style cooking. Never learn this dish from my mother, just base on my memory of the taste and come out with this dish :) This soup based dish is best to cook with some coriander but my hubby hate them so I omitted and replace with spring onion.



Ingredient
  • 230gm minced pork
  • 6 eggs, lightly beaten
  • 110gm vermicelli (冬粉)
  • 2 tsp light soya sauce
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp pepper
  • 1 tsp sesame oil
  • 1500ml stock
  • 40gm preserved vegetables (冬菜)
  • coriander or spring onion
Method
  1. Soak vermicelli till softened. Roughly cut.
  2. Marinate minced pork with soya sauce, salt, pepper & sesame oil for 10mins.
  3. Rinse preserve vegetables thoroughly.
  4. Combine beaten eggs and minced pork and mix evenly. Stir in vermicelli.
  5. Heat up 2 tbsp oil in pan. Pour in egg mixture and pan fried till golden brown on both sides. Cut the omelette into 8-10 pcs.
  6. Bring stock to boil. Add preserved vegetable and boil for a min. Add the fried omelette and simmer for 2 mins. Adjust taste and stir in coriander before turning off heat.

1 comment:

Joanne said...

Love this dish, but I will never get to eat again after my grandma's demise. Having heavy craving for this dish tho :(

My grandma's Vermicelli Omelette, just plainly vermicelli with the egg only and after frying the egg, she will boil with soup. If I'm not wrong she put Knifes Fish Sauce instead of Light Soy Sauce.. other ingredients (unknown). Doubt I'll find back the taste again :'(

As per my knowledge, it's a Teochew dish, I saw on one of the documentary being filmed in Chao San on Channel 8, the villagers cooked the same thing as well, but they don't serve with the soup.

Related Posts with Thumbnails