Found this recipe in a recent newspaper. Indeed a hearty & flavourful dish, the fragrance fill up the whole house during the cooking process!
- 1 chicken, quartered
- 100gm old ginger, thickly sliced
- 4 tbsp young ginger, grated
- 8 gloves garlic, minced
- 50gm coriander leaves
- 100gm spring onion, cut into 5cm length
- 1 cup chinese wine
- 1 tsp salt
- Place old ginger evenly in a claypot. Place quartered chicken on top of the ginger.
- Spread the minced garlic & ginger evenly over the chicken. Sprinkle salt over. Place the coriander leaves & spring onion over to cover the chicken pieces.
- Drizzle the wine over, cover and cook on high heat for 20mins. Reduce heat and cook for another 1 hr till tender.