Think I fell in love with chiffon cake!! hahaha...This is the 2nd time I've done a Green Tea Chiffon. Compare to the latter, I prefer this as it is more fluffy & soft :) The recipe is exactly what I've have made for the Coffee Chiffon, I just subsitute the coffee with 1 tbsp matcha powder. I love the aftertaste of this chiffon, with green tea flavour lingering in the mouth....
- 4 egg yolks
- 50ml milk
- 60ml corn oil
- 100gm castor sugar
- 100gm plain flour, sifted
- 1 tbsp green tea powder, sifted
- 4 egg whites
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- mini choco chips (optional)
- Whisk egg yolks with 50gm sugar till smooth. Stir in milk& corn oil. Fold in flour & green tea powder till batter forms.
- Beat egg whites with cream of tartar till foamy. Gradually beat in 50gm sugar on high speed in 3 additions till stiff peak formed.
- Fold in 1/3 of the egg white foam into green tea batter. Mix evenly. Pour the batter into the balance egg white foam and fold in gently till combined.
- Pour in 1/3 of the batter into a ungreased 8 inch tube pan. Sprinkle some choco chips on top. Pour in some more batter and sprinkle some more choco chips over. Pour in remaining batter and spread evenly. Tap the pan on hard surface to release excess trap air bubbles and bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 30-35 mins. Invert immediately to cool completely before removing from pan.