I found this recipe on My Kitchen. Taste good! I double the recipe as I wanted to use up the balance of my flour and I also make some modifications on some ingredient :P...
- 340g fine rice flour
- 80g tapioca flour
- 1000ml water
- 1 cube ikan bilis stock
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground white pepper
- 1 tsp Chinese 5-spice powder
- 900g yam, peeled and diced
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 50g dried shrimp, soaked & chopped coarsely (reserve liquid)
- 12 small chinese mushroom, soaked & diced finely (reserve liquid)
- 10 shallots, sliced thinly
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 no. red chili, seeded and sliced
- 1 stalk spring onion , chopped
- Dissolve stock cube in 1000ml water. Add reserved dried prawns & mushroom liquid. Add sesame oil, salt, pepper & five-spice powder. Cool completely.
- Add flour to stock and stir till batter form.
- Heat oil in wok, add yam and stir fry until lightly browned. Remove yam from wok and set aside.
- Stir in shallot to the the same wok, fry until golden brown. Remove from shallot from wok and set aside.
- Add some more oil in the wok. Add garlic, dried shrimp and mushroom, fry until fragrant. Add yams & fried shallot. Pour the batter in the wok, stir until the batter is thickened.
- Transfer batter into a lightly greased 8" deep pan, steam for 40-50 minutes. Cool completely in the pan before slicing.
- Slice and garnish with red chili, fried shallot and spring onion.