Monday, March 9, 2009

Avocado Ice Cream

A simple way to make ice cream without using an ice-cream maker or complicated steps! just blend 2 ripen avocados with 1/2 cup milk & 4 tbsp honey till smooth. Transferred to freeze proof container & freeze till set. Usually store bought avocado are not ripen, how to know it has ripen? Place avocado in room temperature till the skin turns dark and soft to feel.

There is a technique in cutting an avocado :) Use a sharp knife, cut vertically along the fruit and give a gentle twist to split the fruit. Here is a short video demonstrating cutting an avocado...

Smooth & creamy texture, served with toasted pistochio nuts & strawberries...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Peng,

Nice ice cream!! n really very easy to make hor....can I substitute avocado with Mango?

Peng said...

Hi...cos avocado have this creamy texture so no need other 'binders' to make it creamy after freezing. Mangoes maybe too liquid after blending, for mango ice cream u need to add egg yolks to bind it :) is much tedious process, I will try making if I got the time :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Peng, nice recipe! Simple and easy. If you want to learn more about Ice Cream Makers, check out my blog post.

Anonymous said...

This recipe caught my eyes because I have all the ingredients in my pantry, all I have to do is to take them out and get start. What a simple and easy recipe but tasteful. Cheers !

Related Posts with Thumbnails