Thanks Ayam Brand for the range of baked beans! Look at the varieties of baked beans available! Besides eating it directly from the can, have you tried incorporating baked beans in your cooking? Today I've prepared a hearty one pan breakfast packed with fibre and protein. It's so easy to prepare and tasted awesome too. A great breakfast to start the first day of the week!
Ingredient (4 servings)
- 350gm zucchini, diced
- 100gm carrot, diced
- 50gm shimeiji mushroom
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp Italian mixed herbs
- 1 canned baked beans + high fibre (Ayam Brand)
- 4 eggs
- 2 slices toasted wholegrain bread to serve
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in pan. Add in zucchini and carrot. Saute over medium heat for about 8 mins until vegetables are tender. Add in mushroom and chopped garlic. Mix well and fry for a minute.
- Add in tomato paste, salt, pepper, sugar and mixed herbs and stir well to combine.
- Pour in canned baked beans and bring to a simmer.
- With a spoon, make a hollow in the beans mixture and crack in each egg. Sprinkle some salt & pepper over the eggs. Cover the pan and cook over medium low heat till the eggs are set to your preference.
- Remove pan from heat and serve immediately with toasted bread.