Chocolate & Spice Hot Cross Bun
(knead & 1st proofing by Kenwood BM250)
Ingredient (12 buns)
- 225ml liquid (1/2 orange juice + milk)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 50gm fine sugar
- 450gm bread flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 50gm unsalted butter
- 2 tsp instant yeast
- 120gm raisins
- 100gm dark chocolate buttons
- zest of 1 orange
glaze & paste
- 1/2 orange juice + 2 tbsp fine sugar
- 50gm plain flour + 5 tbsp orange juice
- Place ingredients according to the above sequence into the bread maker pan. Select dough function and start the mixing process.
- After 10 mins of kneading, add in raisins, chocolate buttons and orange zests. The machine will continue to knead and proceed to 1st proofing.
3. Remove dough from the bread maker after 1st proofing. On a lightly floured work surface, knead the dough lightly. Divide dough into 12 equal portions and place into a lined baking pan. Proof for another 45 mins until double in bulk.
4. Combine flour and orange juice to form thick paste. Slowly add more juice if needed. Place the paste into a piping bag. Pipe cross over individual bun. Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 25 mins until golden brown.
5. Combine orange juice and sugar. Remove buns from oven and brush the glaze over the buns immediately. Remove buns from pan and cool on wire rack before serving.