This is my first frosted brownies I've ever make! These brownies tasted even more heavenly and sinful with the extra sweet chocolate frosting! This is a useful recipe for me as it helps me to clear up the bottle of homemade chocolate sauce which is sitting in the fridge. I've halved the recipe and it yielded a 7" cake size, still consider quite an amount for us. It tasted irresistible but everything must consume in moderation ^0^
It goes well with a glass of cold milk!
Before & After
Oooh gorgeous chocolate frosting!
Moist and fudgey crumbs as long you do not overbake it :D
- 60gm butter, softened
- 100gm sugar
- 2 eggs
- 200ml homemade chocolate sauce
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 60gm plain flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 100gm fine sugar
- 3 tbsp milk
- 50gm butter
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Using a electric whisk, cream butter and sugar until light.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, until creamy and fluffy.
- Add in chocolate sauce and vanilla and beat well.
- Sift in flour and baking powder and beat briefly.
- Fold in pecans.
- Scrap batter into a lined 7" cake pan and bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 20-25 mins. Do not overbake!
- Cool on wire rack completely before frosting.
- Do not prepare frosting in advance as it well harden up. When the brownie has cooled down sufficiently, combine sugar, milk and butter in a saucepan.
- Bring to boil for 1 min. Remove from heat and stir in chocolate chips. Stir till mixture is smooth.
- Spread the frosting over brownie evenly. Let it set for 5 mins or more before slicing.