Blueberries are on sale again! It is usually quite steep to purchase berries over here, so when there are cheap and nice berries available, I will usually grab a few punnets ^0^. This blueberry clafoutis was a rather sinful dessert to enjoy as the batter contained a lot of eggs and egg yolks with thicken cream added! I thought we could not finish this pudding as the servings turned out quite a lot, but it was polished up by the end of the day!
Batter that was sat overnight in fridge
oops....I've forgotten to grease the casserole ^.^"""
(with slight modifications)
- 85gm ground almonds
- 25gm plain flour
- pinch of salt
- 100gm brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 4 large egg yolks
- 300ml double cream
- 75ml milk
- 375gm blueberries (3 punnets)
- softened butter
- icing sugar
- Place ground almonds, flour, salt, sugar, eggs, cream and milk in a food processor. Whizz until creamy and smooth.
- Transfer mixture into an air-tight container and store in the fridge for up to 24 hours.
- When ready to cook, preheat oven to 200 deg cel. Grease a few shallow dishes with butter. Scatter in the blueberries in the bottom.
- Give the batter a good stir and pour into the dishes. Bake for 20-30 mins, or until risen and lightly firm. Dust with icing sugar and serve warm.
This post is linked to Cook Like A Star hosted by Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids, Baby Sumo of Eat Your Heart Out and Mich of Piece of Cake.
This post is linked to the event, Little Thumbs Up organised by Bake for Happy Kids and My Little Favourite DIY, and hosted by Diana from the Domestic Goddess Wannabe