Oooooo I just can't enough of rainbow food ;) Yah I know some of you may detest the use of food coloring, but I usually
don't rarely serve food that are loaded with colourings to my kids. Just trying out this recipe for fun....Hahaha this maybe the first and last time I make this colored pasta ;) It is really simple and fun to make this rainbow pasta! Just need to get ready a pack of pasta (I've used linguine), Wilton food colouring paste, some toothpicks and 6 medium ziplog bags and start cooking the pasta in a pot of boiling water.
- One 500gm package of pasta of your choice (I've used linguine)
- Wilton food colourings paste
- 6 ziplog bags
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Add 1 tsp salt. Cook pasta till al dente. Drain away water and rinse with cold water. Drain well.
- Place 2 tbsp hot water into each ziplog bag. Use a toothpick and swab in some food colourings. Mix well with the water. Need not use a lot of colouring, one tiny bit is vibrant enough.
- Add in 1 cup cooked pasta into each bag. Seal the bag and toss the pasta to blend with the colourings. Rest the mixture for 10 mins.
- Remove pasta and rinse with cold water individually till water runs clear. Toss the colored pasta with some olive oil to prevent them sticking together. Best use for making cold Pasta Salad. Serve it immediately after mixing it with your favourite salad dressing.
Please don't laugh at my amatuer drawings ^0^ A simple art work to put into real food
Tadah!! My kids so happy to see this! hahaha Only made a serving but they happily shared it and finished up everything :) All edible ingredients including rainbow pasta, tomato (sun), cheese (sun), bread (clouds), omelette (birds), broccoli (trees), carrots (flowers), corn kernels, teriyaki chicken.