Thursday, December 6, 2012

Passionfruit Chiffon Cake


This is another recipe which I did not attempt for very long time! The last attempt was in 2008 :D This few days I've been trying to 'restore' some old pictures in my blog. Last week when I tried to upload some new pictures onto my blog and to my dismay I actually excess the limit of 10GB and it forbid me from further uploading! No choice I've to delete some old albums in the picasa web to clear up some empty space, that means some old posts in 2008 are all gone >.<" After some spring cleaning I manage to have 70% + memory in the picasa web! So from this accident, I've to reduce the pixel size of my pictures which I've not done for the past 4.5 years since I started blogging!! 

Back to this chiffon cake, the first attempt I also baked this cake in a 8" removable pan instead in a chiffon tube pan, but it sink slightly. But this time it raised very beautifully and maintain its shape! No shrinking nor sinking :D The trick? Do not greased or lined the pan at all, that means you have to use a removable based pan if not you will have difficulty when trying to unmould the cake.











Ingredient
  • 4 egg, separate
  • 120gm sugar
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 50ml corn oil
  • 85gm passionfruit pulp (drained away juice)
  • 20ml passionfruit juice 
  • 100gm cake flour, sfited 
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp cream of tartar

Method
  1. Whisk egg yolks, 50gm sugar, salt, corn oil, passionfruit pulp & juice together till sugar dissolves.
  2. Fold in cake flour & baking powder till batter forms.
  3. Using a electrical whisk, whisk egg whites & cream of tartar until foamy. Add in remaining sugar gradually and beat on high speed till stiff peak formed.
  4. Fold in 1/3 egg white foam into passionfruit batter. Mix evenly. Pour the mixed batter into the balanced egg white foamed.
  5. Pour batter into a ungreased tube pan (I used a unlined removable 8" cake pan). Baked in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 45mins. Remove from oven and immediately invert pan to cool down completely before unmoulding.

1 comment:

kimmy said...

Hi Peng, Did try baking chiffon cake using removable base tin [lined] and the cake sank. Thanks for sharing this tip. Will try next time.

Related Posts with Thumbnails