Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Fried Sweet Potato Balls

A cute and tasty snack which my boy adores but not my girl  >.<" '不要不要‘!she exclaimed and ran off when I tried to offer this to her....Lena used plain flour in this recipe, but as I run out of plain flour in my pantry, so I substitute it with tapioca flour.





Recipe source : Frozen Wings
Ingredient (approx 25pcs)
  • 260gm steamed sweet potato, mashed
  • 6 tbsp tapioca flour
  • 2.5 tbsp sugar
  • 1 tbsp water
  • sesame seeds for coating

Method
  1. Combine mashed sweet potato with flour, sugar and water and knead to form a soft dough.
  2. Divide dough into small equal portions and roll them into balls.
  3. Coat the ball with sesame seeds.
  4. Deep fry in hot oil until golden brown. Drain well on kitchen paper before serving.

I am submitting this to Malaysian Food Fest Pahang Month hosted by WendyinKK of Table for 2...or More

2 comments:

lena said...

Merry christmas, Peng! so this yields a chewier texture?

Peng said...

Merry Xmas Lena! Yes they are slightly chewy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails