- 1 spring chicken, cleaned
- 2 slices ginger
- 1 stalk spring onion
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp chinese wine
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 150ml chicken stock (I use reserved liquid from scallops and steamed chicken)
- 2 dried shitake mushroom, softened(I used my XO mushroom)
- 20gm dried scallops, soaked and shredded
- 1 tbsp shallot oil
- 1 tbsp chinese wine
- cornstarch water
- Marinate chicken with ingredient (A) for 30mins. Stuff ginger and spring onion into the cavity.
- Steam chicken over preheated steamer for 25mins. Turn off heat. Rest for 10mins before cutting into pieces. Arrange on a plate.
- Cook chicken stock in a small pan. Add in scallops and mushroom and cook for 2mins.
- Stir in wine and shallot oil and adjust taste accordingly. Thicken sauce with cornstarch water. Pour scallop sauce over steamed chicken. Serve
Steamed Spring Chicken....taste good on its own also!!