I was expecting a more crunchy texture cookie but it turns out to be soft cookies :P I was too greedy resulting the cookies turned out to be too large! :) But I like the coffee and nestum flavour...
Recipe adapted from Famous Cuisine
- 250gm butter
- 120gm Nestum
- 80gm rolled oat, blend till fine
- 160gm icing sugar, sifted
- 280gm plain flour
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp instant coffee granules (dissolves in 1 tbsp hot water)
- 2 tsp coffee emulco
- extra egg yolk & nestum for glazing
- Cream butter & icing sugar until light.
- Beat in egg yolk and mix well.
- Sift in plain flour, baking powder and beat lightly.
- Stir in coffee liquid & coffee emulco and fold in rolled oat & Nestum. Mix well till a dough formed.
- Chill dough for 30mins. Roll out dough and cut out cookies. Brush cookies with egg yolk and coat with Nestum.
- Place on baking sheet and bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 12-15mins until golden brown.