Recipe adapted from Simply Her Magazine
- 300gm chicken pieces, remove skin
- 150gm lean pork, cut into chunks
- 70gm fish maw**
- 4 water chestnuts, peeled
- 10 gingko nuts, shelled
- 25gm cordyceps flower (虫草花)
- 4 cups water
- salt to taste
** Soak dried fish maw in water till soften. Bring a pot of water to boil, cook soften fish maw for 2mins. Drain away water. Add 3 slices ginger and a stalk of spring onion with the fish maw in a new pot of water, bring to boil for 3mins. Drain away water. Ready to be used.
- Scald chicken & lean pork with hot water..
- Put all ingredients except salt in a double boiler or slow cooker and bring to boil. Lower heat and simmer for 4hrs. Add salt to taste.