Friday, October 21, 2011

Pork Floss Cake

The first time I ever added pork floss to my cake is that time I failed to roll up my swiss roll. In the end just spread with cream and sprinkle with pork floss, stack up and sliced to serve >.< And yes I love to eat pork floss bread also :D This particular pork floss cake I did today actually incorporate large amount of pork flosss into the cake batter! I actually reduce it from 70gm to 50gm only :D I lazy to whip up buttercream therefore I uses mayonnaise :D

While the cake is baking in the oven, hubby was wondering what am I baking again....cos he smell.....pork hahahaha. Then I told him I was baking a cake not meat...a meat cake?! >.< How does the cake taste? surprisingly good! Hubby cannot help popping the slices into his mouth, and say good good good :D




Ingredient
  • 70gm plain flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 3 eggs
  • 120gm sugar
  • 120ml corn oil
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 50gm pork floss
Method
  1. Sift plain flour, baking powder & baking soda into a mixing bowl.
  2. Combine eggs, sugar, corn oil & salt and stir till sugar dissolves.
  3. Fold eggs mixture into flour and pork floss until combine.
  4. Pour batter into a lined pan and bake in preheated oven at 160 deg cel for 35mins.
  5. Cool in pan for 10mins before unmoulding. Cool completely on rack. Spread cake surface with mayonnaise and sprinkle over more pork floss.

3 comments:

WendyinKK said...

I've seen pork floss buns, pork floss swiss rolls, but pork floss cake? First time! Interesting, some more with mayonnaise :P

Small Small Baker said...

At first I thought the pork floss is for topping only, then read further I realize there is pork floss inside the cake too! Very special!

Anonymous said...

Must try this delicious cake. Thank you for sharing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails