Saturday, October 22, 2011

Min Jian Kueh

First time making this 面煎粿, so I halve the recipe and get two 12cm x 15cm size pancakes :D Just nice for me and my son. First bite can feel the slight crispy outer layer and inner is quite chewy. Taste not too bad and I've finished my portion, hopefully I do not eat up my son's one hahaha....


Pan-fried in a 12cm x 15cm pan


Mayonnaise & Pork Floss Filling


Kaya Filling

Recipe adapted from Fiona's Blog

Ingredients (makes two 24cm pancakes)

  • 150 g Top Flour
  • 10 g Tapioca Flour
  • 250 ml Water
  • 2 tbsp Sugar
  • 1/4 tsp Salt
  • 1/2 tsp Alkaline Water
  • 1/2 tsp Yeast

Method

  1. Mix all ingredients and leave to rise for 2 hours.
  2. Lightly oil a flat frying pan. Pour some of the flour mixture into the frying pan and swirl the pan to coat it evenly.
  3. Use small fire to cook until the bottom is golden brown; Sprinkle the filling on the pancake and fold it into half.
  4. Cut into small pieces to serve.

4 comments:

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

I have never eaten the Mayonnaise & Pork Floss Filling MJK before, sound so interesting, must be yummy!

Awayofmind Bakery House said...

this look really yummy!!

Happy Flour said...

Oh, this can be done using the usual non-stick frying pan? I wanted to make Min Jian Kueh for a long...time but I don't have the copper pan and it very costly to get one. I think I must give it a try too. Thanks for sharing. :)

Peng said...

Happy Flour....use non-stick pan can already...results...passable :D

Related Posts with Thumbnails