Very long time did not taste this dish!! I think the last time I've eaten this dish was many years back which is prepared by my father. Many first time for this dish .... >.< first time buy a duck from wet market, first time ever cook a duck, first duck dish recipe in my food blog! Feel so satisfying after drinking this wholesome soup! :D
- 1 whole duck, cut in chunks and remove excess fats
- 6 slices ginger
- 1 tbsp brandy
- 250gm salted mustard
- 3 large tomatoes, quartered
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and sliced
- Blanch duck pieces in hot water. Drain well. Marinate with 1 tbsp brandy.
- Soak salted mustard once or twice to remove excess salt.
- Heat 9 cups water in a pot. When water comes to a boil, add duck pieces, ginger & salted mustard.
- Simmer for 45mins till soup thickens. Add tomatoes & chilli and cook for another 20mins.