Lovely and tasty one pot rice which I like as it is fast & simple to serve :D I did not add too much seasoning to the rice as the chinese sausage is quite salty, so the taste is just nice after cooking :D
Savoury Steamed Chicken Rice
- 3 boneless chicken thigh, cut into bite-size (approx 350g)
- 2 cups rice
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 chinese sausages, sliced
- 12 small dried shitake mushroom, softened
- 1.5 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- coriander leaves for garnish
- Marinate chicken meat with oyster sauce, dark soy sauce, sesame oil, pepper, ginger & cornflour for at least 30mins.
- Steam rice till 1/2 cooked. Combine marinated chicken with mushroom & chinese sausage. Spread evenly over rice and continue to steam for another 30mins till chicken is cooked through. Rest for a while.
- Remove cooked chicken mixture and set aside. Fluff up rice. Scoop rice into individual bowl and top with chicken topping and coriander leaves.