WOW so beautiful!! that is what my boy exclaimed the moment he saw the cake being flipped onto the serving plate! :D and requested to take a picture with the cake >.<...
Recipe adapted from Nigella Lawson
- Butter for greasing
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 6 slices canned pineapples
- 45ml pineapple juice
- 11 glace cherries
- 100gm flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 100gm soft butter
- 70gm sugar
- 2 eggs
- Grease the base of a 8" cake tin (neither loose-bottomed nor springform).
- Sprinkle the 2 tablespoons of sugar on top of the buttered base, and then arrange the pineapple slices to make a circular pattern.
- Fill each pineapple ring with a glace cherry, and then dot one in each of the spaces in between.
- Cream butter & sugar until light. Beat in eggs one at a time until combined.
- Sieve over flour, baking powder & baking soda till evenly mixed. Stir in pineapple juice.
- Spread cake batter over pineapple rings.
- Bake in preheated oven oven at 160 deg cel for 30-35 minutes. Cool slightly. Loosen the edge with a knife, place a plate on top and flip over to unmould the cake.