Finally uses up all the tart pastry after making this batch of pandan egg tarts!! just nice for 12 small tarts :D Something unusual to the normal egg tarts, not very 'eggy' taste and slightly pandan infused flavour ....
Recipe adapted from "Tarts my Heart" by Kevin Chai
Ingredient (12 tarts)
- Sweet Tart Pastry
- 150ml water
- 50gm sugar
- 1 blade pandan leaves, cut
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp pandan juice
- 1/3 tsp pandan paste
- Bring water, sugar & pandan leaves to boil. Cool syrup & remove pandan leaves.
- Combine eggs, pandan juice, pandan paste & cooled syrup and mix evenly. Strain.
- Press approx 25gm tart pastry into tart mould. Pour filling over.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 20-25mins.