I tried this recipe out as I never use margarine to bake before and happen to have a tub of unfinished olive oil spread which is going to expire in 3 days time!! The taste is acceptable to me, texture wise not the best compare to some of the recipes I've tried. My boy ate one for his teabreak. I ask him want to bring one to school tomorrow?? his answer : NO >.< so I guess he does not really like this muffins, so tomorrow morning I've to crack my head on what to prepare for him again!....
Recipe adapted from Alex Goh' Fruity Cakes
Ingredient (6 muffins)
- 60gm margarine
- 80gm sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 100gm soy milk
- 170gm plain flour
- 1/2 tbsp double action baking powder
- 50gm dried cranberries
- Sieve flour & baking powder together.
- Cream margarine, sugar & salt until light. Beat in egg until smooth.
- Fold in milk & flour mixture alternately until well blended.
- Stir in cranberries.
- Spoon batter into cupcakes and bake in preheated oven at 200 deg cel for 25mins or until golden brown.