Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Cheese Crunch

Yesterday tried baking a durian chiffon, but it did not turn out well. The batter seems ok to me, but I 假厉害, overfilled the tube pan, resulting the cake 'over ballooned' >.< In the end, a ugly chiffon cake after unmoulding, but the cake texture is soft n moist. Still have some durian in fridge so wondering should I attempt again? No I did not try out again as I do not really like the taste of the cake, I still prefer to eat the durian flesh itself hahaha...Feeling upset after baking the chiffon, have to bake something else to perk myself up hahaha.. Cookies won't or should not failed too badly right hehehe....really feels better after baking this batch of cookies!

Ingredient
  • 150gm butter
  • 80gm sugar
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 25gm beaten egg
  • 3 slices cheddar cheese, cubed
  • 200gm plain flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp paprika powder
Method
  1. Cream butter, sugar & salt until light. Add in egg and beat till smooth.
  2. Sift in flour, baking powder & paprika powder.
  3. Fold in lightly, stir in cheddar cheese and mix till a soft dough formed.
  4. Chill in fridge for 30mins.
  5. Roll in small rounds. Place onto baking sheet, press down with a fork. Bake at preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 15-20mins. Cool on wire rack before storing.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails