Meatless lunch today! Stewed vegetables pasta sauce, light & tasty & healthy too!
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 large zucchini, diced
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushroom
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- 1 can stewed tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cup water
- freshly ground black pepper
- salt to taste
- 2 cups shell pasta, cooked till al dente
- Heat some olive in saucepan, add garlic & onion, saute till fragrant.
- Add zucchini and carrot and fry for 2mins.
- Add sliced mushroom, mixed evenly.
- Add in stewed tomatoes, water, herbs & black pepper. Bring to boil. Lower heat & simmer for 1 hr or until zucchini & carrots are tendered and sauce reduced.
- Add salt to taste.
- To serve : Scoop some zucchini sauce into a small saucepan, add in appropriate amount of cooked shell pasta, simmer for 1 minute, remove from fire and serve.