Thursday, August 19, 2010

Ham & Cheese Quiche

Quiche making have been pending quite long in my to-do list!! To simplify the process, I've used frozen pastry puff (an idea from a Mummy) instead of making pastry base from scratch. I've also subsituted the cream with milk & melted butter...my son gives thumbs up for this cute little pie ^-^




Ingredients (16 small pie)
  • 1 pkt frozen puff pastry, thawed
  • 1 cup diced ham
  • 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
  • 1/2 minced onion
  • 4 eggs
  • 200ml milk
  • 25gm unsalted butter, melted
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Method
  1. Roll out puff pastry on a lightly floured surface and cut into rounds to fit foil mould. (depends on the size of the foil mould)
  2. Divide ham, cheese and onion between the shells. In a bowl, whisk eggs, milk, butter, salt and pepper. Pour into shells.
  3. Bake in preheated oven at 200 deg cel for 2o mins or until puffed & golden brown.

6 comments:

Cheah said...

They look so inviting! I'm sure your kid will just adore it!

youfei said...

ive never made a quiche but this sure looks tempting!

Bakericious said...

looks good, I used bread to make a quiche b4 :)

mary said...

Hi Peng,
May I check where to get frozen puff pastry?
Thanks.

Peng said...

Mary...u can get it from major local supermarket.

Anonymous said...

I used the wanton skins (left 6pcs),changed onion to mixed (no onion), using the 12-cavity muffin tray (just nice half those skins and I have 12)to mould.

No salt as using salted butter and the ham/cheese is salty too.

1 egg, some butter, some milk and whisk and bake....

Result = Great and enjoyable, just pop one by one into the mouth.

Thanks for sharing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails