This fruit loaf is not as fluffy compared to the cranberry & orange loaf I baked 2 days ago. The loaf is moist but the texture is slightly chewy almost like 'kueh', think I still prefer the previous loaf than this mixed fruit loaf in terms of taste & texture...
- 250gm mixed dried fruits
- 300ml cooled earl grey tea (steep 6 tea bags in boiling water)
- 100gm light brown sugar
- zest & juice of 1 orange
- zest & juice of 1 lemon
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 200gm plain flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- In a bowl, mix the dried fruits with the tea and leave to soak overnight.
- Strain the soaked fruit, reserve the liquid in a bowl. Combine brown sugar, egg, zests & dried fruits.
- Pour the orange juice & lemon in a measuring cup, top up tea liquid to yield 250ml. Stir the liquid & egg into the dried fruit mixture.
- Sift flour, baking powder & salt twice. Fold the flour into the fruit mixture until combined.
- Pour the batter into a lined 9x5" loaf pan and bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 1hr or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Cover surface with foil at the last 15mins to prevent over browning. Leave in pan for 10mins before umoulding. Cool completely on wire rack.