Friday, April 2, 2010

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies



My boy nowadays very enthusiastic to help me with my bakings. Since my gal off to dreamland at 8.30pm, take this chance to spend some precious time with him by baking some simple cookies together! The minute he saw me preparing the ingredients he immediately bring his small stool into the kitchen and said " I WANT TO HELP OK" :) Since my hubby happen to be around at home, quickly ask him to take some pictures of my boy helping out with the bakes....



Ingredient
  • 150gm plain flour
  • 150gm oatmeal
  • 1 tsp ground ginger
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 120gm brown sugar
  • 60gm raisins
  • 1 egg, lightly beaten
  • 125ml corn oil
  • 4 tbsp milk
Method
  1. Place flour, oatmeal, ground ginger, baking powder/soda, brown sugar and raisins in a mixing bowl. Stir to mix the ingredient evenly.
  2. Combine egg, corn oil and milk together. Pour into the dry ingredients. Use a wooden spoon and stir till a soft dough form.
  3. Drop tsp of dough onto baking sheet and bake in preheated oven at 200 deg cel for 12mins till golden brown.
  4. Cool completely on wire rack before storing.

4 comments:

celine said...

Look delish. Tempted to bake over the weekend, but worried that they are too sweet cos my family do not have a sweet tooth.

Peng said...

i always adjust the sugar to suit our taste, so all my bakes are not too sweet :)

celine said...

thanks peng!

Anonymous said...

hello, so cute to be baking together =) really envy that you cook so much for your family. my almost 3 yr old son doesn't help (yet) but i can imagine him struggling to see what i am doing and dig and snatch at my ingredients or tools if i really bake with him beside me =) but he helps me when i am hanging clothes to dry. it's really nice when they offer to help you doesn't it! =D thks for sharing pics with ur son =)

Related Posts with Thumbnails