Monday, March 29, 2010

Banana Cake

With 2 'babies' to handle, nowadays do not have the luxury to laze in bed. Most of the times have to wake up around 6am to start my busy day to do housechore, prepare snack box for my elder son to bring to school, prepare stuffs for lunch.....This is the very first time I does my baking early in the morning, yes 6.30am! Preparation of the ingredients and mixing took me 1/2 hour , when the cake is baking in the oven, both of my kids have woke up! while waiting for the cake to be done, have to feed both of them and get my elder one ready for school. While my girl was having a short nap after her feed and my boy off to school, then I manage to have a cuppa of coffee with a slice of my yummlicous warm banana cake! ^-^ busy busy busy....



Ingredients
  • 180gm butter
  • 150gm sugar
  • 2 large eggs - beaten lightly
  • 250gm top flour/cake flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
  • 220gm bananas - mashed
  • 50gm milk
  • 1 tsp vanilla essence
  • optional: 1 banana* (slice & soak in lemon juice to prevent browning)
Method
  1. Sift flour, baking powder & baking soda. Set aside.
  2. Cream butter and sugar till light and creamy.
  3. Pour in eggs gradually and beat till creamy.
  4. Add in milk, mashed bananas and vanilla essence and mix well.
  5. Add in flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda and give a quick whisk. Do not overbeat.
  6. Pour batter into a greased 9"x5" non-stick loaf pan and arrange sliced banana* on top.
  7. Bake at 180 deg cel for about 50 to 60 mins. or until cooked. *Cover surface with foil at the last 15mins when the cake starting to brown too fast.

7 comments:

Green Muffin said...

Wah! Pei Fu ni leh. Now is only the 2nd month and u hv time to start baking already? I must really learn from u man!!

Peng said...

hehehe....how are u leh? pop already?

Green muffin said...

I am fine, but getting heavier these days. So heavy that i dun even go to Prime, bc walk a while my legs will ache already :P Hopefully popping soon, tmr wk 36 :) i target next week. kekeke....

Wendy said...

Hi Peng, trying out the banana cake too, but the cake turn out is hard and unbaked for internal. As i hv followed the receipe that u wrote, would be due to the oven temp too? I also suspect the milk i add in, 5ogm is equal to 3.5 teaspoon?

thks alot..for answering my previous question.

Wendy

Peng said...

Hi Wendy....ur liquid is not enough therefore the cake is hard! 1 tsp is 5ml = 5gm

Anonymous said...

Hi,

May I know must i keep the cake in the fridge ? how long can i keep it outside ? pls advise, thanks.

Peng said...

Hi, best consume within 3 days in leave in rm temp, if not can keep in fridge for 5 days.

Related Posts with Thumbnails