Another simple & tasty bread loaf to share! Apples can be omitted to make into a simple walnut bread. As no yeast is required in this recipe, the texture is not as fluffy as normal bread, it almost has a cake-liked texture but yet not as soft....confuse & clueless?? hehehe then you have to try baking this bread loaf and find out how the texture like....
Other variations for making this bread loaf (omit apples & cinnamon powder):
(a) Apricot Bread : add 1 cup chopped dried apricots
(b) Banana Bread : add 1 cup mashed bananas
(c) Orange Bread : subsitute 1 cup orange juice for the milk & add 1 tsp orange zests
(d) Chocolate Bread : add 50gm melted chocolate
- 250gm plain flour
- 100gm sugar
- 2 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 250ml milk
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 1/4 cup walnut, chopped
- 1 large green apple, peeled & chopped
- Sift flour, baking powder, cinnamon & salt. Combine with sugar and set aside.
- Combine milk, egg, oil & vanilla essence together.
- Stir in liquid mixture into dry ingredients.
- Fold in 1 cup walnuts & apple. Pour batter into a well greased 9" x 5" loaf pan. Sprinkle 1/4 cup walnut over the surface.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 60mins or until toothpick inserted into centre comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10mins. Remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack.