So yummy delicious! great on toast..and used as filling for mini tarts and plain sponge cakes :D
- 85gm unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup castor sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- zests from 2 lemons
- Cream butter and sugar for 2 min. Add eggs slowly and beat for 1 min.
- Add lemon juice and mix well. It is fine if mixture curdles.
- Transfer to a saucepan. Cook on low heat, stirring constantly until mixture thickens for about 10mins. It is ready when the curd coats thickly at the back of the wooden spoon and leave a clean trail when finger goes along the spoon.
- Remove from heat and stir in lemon zests.
- Transfer hot curd into a warm sterilised jar and seal immediately. Leave to cool before storing in fridge.